Hope this week is treating you splendidly!
A little update with my health: A few weeks ago, I did what I KNEW I wasn’t supposed to do, and was eating Kale every day, often twice a day! (If you read my article on how Kale and other cruciferous veggies and goitrogens can have a negative effect on the thyroid function–you know what I’m talking about!) As a result I got in a weird health funk, and so did my digestive system. I realized I absolutely couldn’t afford to be doing this, and determined to create way more variety in my veggies.
I’ve been trying out a lot of veggie stir fry recipes as it’s a really easy way to get not only the right veggies you need, but the appropriate amount of protein, fat and carbs for every meal.
This dish really is phenomenal. The flavors all work together so well–it’s a fantastic blend of sweet and savory. Though it’s incredibly healthy, it has that comfort food affect the whole family is sure to love! I got this recipe from primaverakitchen, and it did not disappoint! I doubled her recipe and modified the seasoning to make it AIP approved. It’s so easy to make and is a great dish to make in a bigger batch and enjoy the leftovers throughout the week! I think you guys will love it! 🙂
- 2 lb. boneless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 cup chicken broth or water (I used a low sodium chicken broth)
- 1 lb (225 g) fresh asparagus (the spears should be cut at a diagonal in 1 and 2 inch pieces)
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 teaspoon rosemary
- 2 teaspoon thyme
- On a plastic board, cut the chicken into small pieces and season with salt.
- In a skillet over medium heat, add olive oil, garlic, and chicken.
- Sauté the chicken for about 7-10 minutes or until it is cooked through. Don’t forget to stir well. Set chicken aside.
- In the same skillet, add sweet potato and chicken broth. *
- Cook for about 7-10 minutes or until the sweet potato is cooked.
- Add asparagus and cook for about 4-5 minutes.
- Add seasonings
* I added in my sweet potato already cooked. If you do this, just add your asparagus and chicken broth, cook for the stated amount of time, then add sweet potato last!
Hope you guys enjoy this recipe! If you happen to try it, let me know what you think! 🙂